Monday, March 27, 2017

Efforts to Interfere with the Search for Justice


For the past year and a half, this blog has reported on suspicious circumstances that link the truck fires of my brother Mark and Dale Tarapacki, which were determined by officials to be “accidents” in spite of a number of facts pointing to foul play (see esp. posts of July 23, August 24, October 25, 2016, and February 26, 2017).  Although not involving a vehicle fire, Tim Nye’s death in the same general time frame in Great Valley, N. Y., was also very suspicious, but it was reportedly ruled a “suicide” (see post of April 19, 2016).

Various kinds of pressure appear to have been applied to hinder the search for justice underlying this blog.  In my efforts to get publicity on my brother’s death, for instance, I was informed that efforts had been made by certain individuals to stop a newspaper article on Mark’s truck fire from going into print.  Some individuals have expressed strong objections to my putting up any posts at all on Tim Nye’s death.  A number of persons who actually volunteered information on their own initiative and even expressed their gratitude for what I have been trying to do suddenly stopped communicating with me altogether.  One must wonder why.

In one particular case, however, a chilling form of pressure has been exerted.  An individual who has supplied important information relevant to this blog was threatened.  Fear tactics, of course, would likely intimidate anyone.  But a person who is married and has children naturally has to take such threats even more seriously. 

If the deaths discussed in this blog were “accidents” or “suicides,” why would threats need to be made to keep a person silent?  Those who resort to such tactics must have a lot to worry about.

2 comments:

  1. Barbara I am formerly from Salamanca and actually went to school with your brother Mark. I was very sorry to hear about what had happened to him. I have run across your blog a couple of times and today I feel compelled to write to you.
    I left Salamanca 40 years ago and moved South and a lot had to do with the way the law was in that area I'm sure every small town USA has law enforcement that "targets" certain people as my family was targeted in that town since the 1940s when I had a great Aunt murdered there and it was NEVER solved. There was 2 men suspected but they walked away free. Something we learned was that there was no way to win against the law enforcement because the deception and cover-up went all the way to the top and I'm sure it still does.
    I see Mr. Marowskis career has ended, he was fairly new to the force when I left but I have heard story after story about him over the years. I hope for you that you find some resolution in your search for answers. Like I said the States findings are based mostly on what was fed to them by the chain of people involved in a cover-up. I lost somebody very dear to me in Olean in 1975 and I went to a friend of mine (in law enforcement)that investigated on his own and he agreed 100% that the death was very suspicious even though there was definite signs of a massive heart attack. My friend told me that once a coroner has given a ruling on the cause of death that in order to reopen the case you would have to find an attorney willing to handle the case. That just didn't happen in that area, like I said cover-ups went all the way to the top. I am going to send this as anonymous but if you have a way of seeing my contact information feel free to contact me. Good luck to you and may your brother rest in Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your powerful comment that goes to the heart of the problem with corruption in the Salamanca and Cattaraugus County area. I would love to be able to discuss some points with you. But I have no way of contacting people who send in anonymous comments (their identity is protected). But some individuals have given me the ability to contact them by going to the link labelled "View my complete profile" in a section on the right side of the blog page called "About me," which then leads to another link labelled "E-mail." That goes directly to my Gmail account, not to the blog.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete